Saturday, March 26, 2011

Friends of Restless Heart Ministries, you saved another family!

Dear Friends,
I had an urge to call our friend Ruth in Tanzania yesterday. She is caring for a family in one of the outlying villages in desperate need. The clinic is building a hut for them on our farm so they can work the land, have a place to life and access to much needed health care.  I asked how we might help, this was the reply.

We gather we may need 15 bag of cement :18.000 each bag (270.000) and some wood for roof. Food is about 40.000 a month for 3-4 on a very basic level ( that gives them maize, beans, dagar-little smelly fishies- porridge, and maybe a little rice and milk, some oil and some tea and peanuts) They will have some fresh stuff from the farm and they have chicken , so some eggs.
That is not too bad nutritionally I don't think?
It is of course not enough for ****, but we are giving him plenty of extra protein and vitamins)
Mama Ndugu brought the loveliest sprightliest little 3 year old girl while I was doing ward rounds. She was really cute with braids and pink t shirt and trousers : a picture of lovely life and health ..and asked me if I rembered her: I admitted I did not : I had seen her 1/2 year before weighing 5 KG *(2 1/2 years old at 10 pounds) with undiagnosed TB. We referred her for Tb treatment and she was given food help from Familia Moja (Restless Hearts!!!!) and now she weigh 13 kg and is : amazing!
I wish I had my camera but it is broken!!!!
You just would have loved it!
God bless Ruth

So, friends, it is because of your prayers and donations that the hut will be completed and the family has found a donor who will be providing food each month. They are taught the Bible and prayed for each day. They are not Christians, but they are seeing and hearing daily of His Love. Thank you all for helping this family!
Bryan