Friday, July 11, 2008

wonder working power in the blood

The other day my wife, daughter and I went to visit some old friends at a parish where I had served. They were in thier second to last day of Vacation Bible School and this little church was packed to the gills with kids and adults. I love kids, Jesus and Vacation Bible School...so I was an ear to ear grin reconnecting with kids.
I found myself standing next to Phil, or "Pappy" as the kids call him. He and his wife, "Nana" are two of the saints we'll all be feasting with one day. You'll recognized them as I'm sure thier ressurected bodies will include laps that will be able to seat all the kids they have shared Jesus with over thier lifetimes.
As I stood next to this gentle man of God, the kids started to sing a remix of the hymn, "there is power in the blood"...and the next thing I know my hands are raised and I have tears in the corners of my eyes as I realized that the only reason I was there was due to the wonder-working power found in the blood of the Lamb. I knew this, but it was one of those moments of assurance that God grants that flooded my soul like the river that flowed from Calvary.
Perhaps it struck so hard because I've been studying the parable of the Sower, or the Four Soils, or whatever you want to call it. As an evangelist I've read this passage many times...and I have to say that this past week I felt an amazing sense of gratitude that the wonder-working power of the blood allowed me to hear and act on the Gospel Seed that was scattered into my life....many times. And I prayed this morning that by God's grace alone I may continue to grow in mercy and grace.
I always have had a sense of gratitude when I hear this story....but for some reason I'm in a season of my life where I am beginning to get a small glimpse of how large the hand of God's providence is...and this is not my own doing....
There is power, power, wonder-working power in the Blood of the Lamb"
blessings to you all....
In the grace and love of the Wonder-Worker
b

No comments: