Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 20 Philippians 2:19...strength from strength

"...I continually and fully trust and ask the Lord Jesus, the Anointed One of God, to send Timothy to you quickly! He is a trusted ambassador to the faith that has been handed down to you and he will be able to test and prove your living out the call of God on your life. I pray that the Lord will answer this so that my urning to hear of your faith will cheer me as I suffer my trials and persecutions for the Gospel as well! My faith will be lifted by yours!"

Have you ever met someone whose faith caused you to desire to seek the Lord deeper? Have you ever met someone face-to-face with a trust and unwavering faith in the goodness and mercy of Jesus that they would put their all out for the Gospel?

We are supposed to live lives so that we will encourage each other on to run the race with strength and courage. Meet Anthony and his family. He is a lay-evangelist in the Tura region of Tabora, Tanzania. They are standing in front of their house which is in the middle of a dirt lot on the grounds of a cement factory. They are there to plant a church and reach the workers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Two weeks before I met these beautiful people they had been given an emergency food drop from the diocese because the crops had failed. They don't want to leave, they don't want it easy. All they want is Jesus...and for all those around them to experience His love and grace.

It's because of people like these that allow me to look at my life in perspective. If they trust the Lord and continue to follow Him in conditions like this, well I can press on a bit more!

Have you ever introduced someone to Jesus and run into them years later? What does it do to you when you see that they are chasing Jesus just as passionately?

Our lives are connected, we are one body. So run the race so as to encourage one another. If the person who first told you about the grace and mercy of God would come to your house today, would they be encouraged?

No comments: